The Ultimate Guide to Holiday Fun in Atlanta – 2018 Edition
Snow starts to fall, lights are put up, and there’s an excitement in the air—it’s the holiday season! There’s so much happening in Atlanta, and at Bey & Associates, we know you don’t want to miss anything. Check out the events, places to eat, shop, and get Christmas trees this year.
What Festive Holiday Events Are Happening in Atlanta?
There’s holiday magic all around Atlanta this season. Take a look at what the city has to offer and you can start planning a fantastic holiday season.
- Stone Mountain Christmas. Starting November 10 and ending on January 6, you can make the most of the season and enjoy the holiday magic with music, light displays, and shows.
- Callaway Gardens Christmas: Fantasy in Lights. The Fantasy in Lights display is on National Geographic’s Top 10 Light Displays. Come see the wonder from November 16-January 5.
- Enchanted Garden of Lights. From November 16-December 31, go see Rock City’s holiday tradition. Enjoy the season with fantastic light displays that everyone will love.
- Fernbank’s Winter Wonderland. See displays of holiday celebrations from all around the world. Celebrate all cultures and enjoy the lights and trees. You can see the display on November 16-January 6.
- Snow Mountain. Snow lovers unite! Get your pass for Snow Mountain at Stone Mountain Park for between November 17 and February 24.
- Skate the Station. Between November 17-January 21, you can skate at Atlantic Station and enjoy the outdoors in this classic winter activity.
- Santa’s Cottage at Atlanta Station Grand Opening. Welcome Santa on November 17 from 12-5 p.m. at Atlantic Station. He’ll be in his cottage until Christmas Eve and there will be photo opportunities.
- Blue Ridge Santa Express. Take a train ride with Santa! There are plenty of days available, you can get tickets for November 23-December 23. Listen to ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas, sing carols, and revel in the holiday spirit!
- Christmas at Callanwolde. The fine arts center has events from November 23-December 9. Check out their schedule here.
- Langston Hughes’ Black Nativity 2018. See the Nativity Story through the lens of African-American dance and gospel. The show runs from November 30-December 9.
- Children’s Christmas Parade. The Children’s Healthcare of America will have its Children’s Christmas Parade on December 1 from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. There will be floats, balloons, and marching bands!
- The Nutcracker Ballet. See the gorgeous ballet of the Nutcracker performed by Atlanta Ballet from December 8-24.
- Candlelight Nights at Atlanta History Center. On December 14 and 21 from 5:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the Atlanta History Center, you can get a tour of decorated houses, gardens, and learn and enjoy all there is about the Christmas past.
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra. The ASO has a number of holiday celebrations that everyone will enjoy. See their schedule here and pick the show that would best suit you! Their performances are varied and full of holiday spirit.
Where to Get a Delicious Meal in Atlanta
It’s important to remember to stop and enjoy the season. Don’t get too caught up in the holiday hullabaloo, definitely make some plans to get dinner and drinks at these fabulous places in Atlanta.
- Staplehouse. Influenced by the season, local food, and the general mood of the kitchen, the menu here changes frequently. Come enjoy a quality meal in a restaurant with an atmosphere that’s laid-back and friendly.
- Proof Bakeshop. For a relaxing place to get breakfast, lunch, tea, and baked goods, stop here for something delicious.
- Kimball House. Want to try something different? The Kimball House is an absinthe and oyster bar, along with other surf and turf dishes. This restaurant will keep you on your toes–their menu changes daily. For those who are a little bit hungry but not enough for a meal, you can order form their coffee and pastry menu.
- ASW Distillery. Interested in a tour of a distillery? ASW Distillery makes whiskey, brandy, and port and are always excited to share their work with others.
- Monday Night Brewing. This craft brewery has a large selection of beer including pilsners, IPAs, stouts, ales and more. Get your friends together for a tour and taste-testing.
Where Can You Find the Perfect Holiday Gifts in Atlanta?
You definitely want to stop buy these stores if you want to impress who you’re buying for. With all these stores have to offer, you’ll know that you’re getting them the best present.
- Young Blood Boutique. This stop features goods from artists all over the U.S. and other countries. Quality and craftsmanship are heavily focused on in this store.
- Junkman’s Daughter. Looking for unique and bizarre items for that tricky relative? This Atlanta alternative super store is your one-stop shop. You truly never know what you’re going to find.
- The Beehive. Want to get your gifts from small boutiques and support local artists? The Beehive has clothes, accessories, home goods, bath and body, men’s gifts, paper goods, and more.
- Rhen’s Nest Toy Shop. This local toy store has a vast selection of toys that will bring joy to any child. They also offer art classes to make fun crafts.
Atlanta’s Best Fresh Cut Christmas Trees
Christmas trees are a beautiful tradition that many people take part in. Some like to go cut down their tree themselves and make a day of it, while others like to get fresh cut trees without the hassle. Wherever you land, there are farms within driving distance of Atlanta full of quality Christmas trees.
- Big John’s Christmas Trees. A short 15-minute drive from Atlanta, Big John’s Christmas Trees is a great place to get your tree. They provide fresh tree cuts, will help mount the tree on your stand if you bring it, and load the tree with protectors in your car.
- Tree Elves. Also close to Atlanta, Tree Elves is only 11 minutes away. You can visit a location to pick up your tree, or order it online and real elves will deliver your tree.
- Yule Forest Christmas Tree Farm. A half hour away from Atlanta, Yule Forest has fresh pre-cut trees and choose and cut your own tree. They also make fresh cut wreaths and garland.
Have a Wonderful Holiday Season from Bey & Associates
We hope you’ve found activities to enjoy, places to go, and some ideas for your Christmas list. Bey & Associates wishes you a happy holiday season and new year. Any questions for us? Feel free to get in touch.