Slip and Fall Accidents can happen in many different locations, and liability laws will be different depending on where your accident occurs. Although the challenges of slip and fall cases vary depending on the site of the accident, you can contact an experienced attorney from Bey & Associates to assist with your unique personal injury claim.
Common Places for Slip and Fall Accidents to Occur
No matter where your slip and fall accident occurs, every individual location will present a
unique circumstance that will influence the outcome of your insurance lawsuit. Here are some of the most common places for slip and falls to happen:
- Grocery Stores: Slip and Fall accidents that occur at large department stores or supermarkets can be very complex in proving responsibility and working with the insurance companies. Most stores will require official documentation of the accident. Having the help of an attorney in these situations can make a substantial difference in your settlement.
- Work: Typically when a slip and fall accident occurs on-the-job a workers compensation claim can be filed. Any work-related slip and fall injury claim should be handled by an attorney to ensure all paperwork is completed promptly.
- Apartment or Rented Home: Having a slip and fall accident at an apartment complex or rented home may be the fault of the landlord, the tenant, or both. Determining who was at fault for the hazardous condition will depend on the circumstances of the slip and fall.
- Public Spaces: Slipping and falling in a public area such as a public park, building, street, or sidewalk may be the fault of a government entity that did not provide a safe environment for pedestrians. If you wish to file a lawsuit against a public entity, this can pose a serious procedural challenge and should be handled by an attorney who specializes in these types of lawsuits.
- Restaurants/Bars: Customers at restaurants and bars will slip on spilled food or drinks on the floors that are not marked with warnings or wet floor signs.
Contact a Slip and Fall Injury Attorney
If you have suffered an injury due to a slip and fall accident that was not your fault, you may be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries.
As stated above, handling these types of cases may be difficult to do on your own. Understanding your legal rights is one of the ways our attorneys can assist you.
Let our expert Georgia Slip and Fall Accident Attorneys file your lawsuit so you can rest assured that you will be taken care of. Contact us today.