At Bey & Associates, LLC, we understand the financial struggles some students go through to pursue higher education. We admire that perseverance and would like to do what we can to make it easier for students to reach their goals and achieve their dreams. As such, our personal injury law firm is offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are attending or planning to attend their first year of college or graduate school.
We have been providing this scholarship opportunity since 2017. We are currently accepting submissions for Fall 2020.
All applications for the Fall 2020 scholarship are due by Friday, July 17, 2020. The cutoff time is 11:59 PM EST.
To be considered for the award, you will need to submit a 500+ word essay on the topic provided below and follow the application process.
You will need to write a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
What does leadership mean to you and what are your personal goals regarding being a leader within your community?
Bey & Associates, LLC will decide a winner after the application period has closed. We are looking for an essay that explores the prompt in a unique and engaging way. We will be judging the essays based on their creativity and feasibility, as well as the applicant’s ability to properly craft an essay. Correct spelling and grammar matter.
By submitting your essay, you agree that it may be featured on our blog. We will publish the winning essay.
In order to qualify for the scholarship, you will need to meet the following guidelines:
- Applicants must be attending or planning to attend a college, university, or graduate school in the United States.
- Applicants must have a U.S. mailing address.
- Applicants must be in or entering into their first year.
- We will need a digital copy (PDF, JPG, or PNG) of all applicants’ acceptance letters with the official college letterhead. If you do not have your letter, we also accept other forms of proof, including an email from the college stating you’ve been accepted for your first year, digital transcripts, or a screencap of your first course load.
Your official application should include your essay, a digital copy of your acceptance letter to college or graduate school, and a brief bio telling us about yourself.
You can email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line in your email MUST start with your name then be followed by “Fall 2020 Scholarship” (Example: Jaina Proudmoore Fall 2020 Scholarship”)
The body of your email must include your name, address, phone number, and the name of the current or planned school you’ll be attending.
All essays must be in MLA format and be attached to your email as a DOCX. or PDF.
- Please attach all of your documentation to a single email containing everything you need to enter. Check that all information is correct before sending.
- Please write about our chosen topic. We will ignore essays that don’t have anything to do with the topic.
- We will NOT be replying to most emails we receive. We simply get far too many. Please don’t send follow-up emails asking if we’ve received yours.
- Please read this page carefully and follow all the steps. We will not have time to answer most questions that get sent to us.
- Proofread everything before sending!
If you fail to follow the application process or do not meet the qualifications, your application may be disqualified.
Send all applications to email@example.com. Remember, they’re due by Friday, July 17, 2020. We look forward to reading your essays!
List of Past Winners
Fall 2017: Toniann Mendelzon of Maryland – essay
Spring 2018: Devin Tucker of California – essay
Fall 2018: Paris Pippen of Georgia – essay
Fall 2019: Michael Lancaster of Massachusetts – essay