Bey & Associates, LLC, a personal injury law firm based in Atlanta, Georgia, is offering a once-yearly $1,000 scholarship to students who are currently attending or plan to attend their first year of college or graduate school in the upcoming semester. The rising costs of education are continuing to be a struggle for many students who aim to obtain a higher education. All of the attorneys and staff members at Bey & Associates believe that by helping students overcome those struggles, our world can become a brighter place for future generations. This scholarship allows us to do just that.
We first began the scholarship in Fall 2017 and were humbled by its success. We’re continuing it for 2018 and beyond.
The current open submission period is for Fall 2018. Applications are due by Sunday, July 15, 2018.
The next open submission period will be for Fall 2019.
To enter, you’ll need to submit a 500+ word essay on the topic below as well as some additional information.
- Students can be attending or planning to attend any college or graduate school in the U.S.
- All applicants must be attending or plan on attending for their first year.
- As proof of your first-year status, you will need to submit a digital copy of your acceptance letter—complete with the college letterhead—from that college.
- All applications for the current semester are due by Sunday, July 15, 2018.
You’ll need to submit a 500+ word essay on the following topic:
If you could make a single change that would help our nation’s homeless population find permanent homes, what would it be and why?
Once the application period closes, Bey & Associates, LLC will decide on a winner based on each essay’s feasibility, creativity, and the applicant’s level of knowledge in the topic as well as their ability to write a well-crafted essay. You don’t need to be an English major or a law major to write a winning essay. The winning essay will likely be one that explores the topic in a unique way– one that brings insight to the topic and sheds a new light on it.
By submitting your essay to us, you agree that your essay may be featured on our blog. We will publish the winning essay as well as 1-2 of the top contenders. Published essays may appear with minor edits.
- To submit your application and essay, email us the completed essay, a digital copy of the acceptance letter from your college or graduate school verifying your first-year status, and some brief information about yourself to email@example.com.
- In the body of your email, you MUST include your name, address, phone number, and the name of your current/planned school. You may include a brief paragraph telling us about yourself and your career-related goals, but this part should be brief.
- The essay MUST be attached as either a .DOCX or .PDF and it must follow MLA formatting guidelines.
- The subject line in your email MUST read: “NAME Fall 2018 Scholarship”.
Send all applications and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failing to follow the above instructions may disqualify your application.
We look forward to reading your applications!