When the city starts to get swept up in the hustle and bustle of the holidays, you know it’s time to celebrate. Cincinnati has so much to offer both citizens and anyone visiting during the season. There’s everything from beautiful light displays, to shows, concerts, and parades. The city has so many fantastic restaurants to catch up with loved ones and it will not be hard to cross off your shopping list or get the perfect tree. Let’s start with what you can do in Cincinnati for the holidays!
What Exciting Holiday Events and Activities Are Happening?
There’s nothing like going out and about in the city and participating in fun holiday festivities to get in the spirit! Cincinnati is full of holiday cheer—check out the events below!
- Holiday Parade and Tree Lighting. Start the festivities at the Liberty Center on Nov. 23 from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. There will be fun activities throughout the day. The parade starts at 6:30 and Santa will light the tree at 7:30.
- Macy’s Light Up the Square. This entire day will be full of winter fun. Come to Fountain Square on Nov. 29. While everything goes into full swing at 6 p.m., you can visit the ice rink at 10 a.m. and the Winter Market opens at 12 p.m.
- Disney Junior Holiday Party. The Taft Theatre will feature the Disney Junior Holiday Party. This will be a fun night full of singing and dancing with their favorite Disney characters, as well as Santa Claus! The show is on Nov. 30 at 4 p.m. Get your tickets!
- Holiday Season Kickoff. The Taft Museum of Art will be decorated with beautiful ornaments and lights that will make you feel like you’re in a holiday movie. There will be free, family friendly activities and will be a great way to celebrate the season. The kickoff is on Dec. 1 from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Cincinnati Waldorf School Holiday Faire Weekend. This weekend will be full of fun, games, and holiday cheer. The Cincinnati Waldorf School and High School will host the Holiday Faire. There are two days to celebrate. It begins with the adults only event on Dec. 6 from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. and the Holiday Faire and Vendor Village is on Dec. 7 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Olde West Chester Christmas Walk Parade and Community Tree Lighting. This free, family-friendly event takes place at West Chester Township Hall on Sat. Dec. 7 from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. There will be activities, food, crafts, live music, and more.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas. The Taft Theatre will perform A Charlie Brown Christmas from Dec. 7 to Dec. 16. Experience the magic of seeing this beloved classic on stage. Get your tickets today!
- Breakfast with Santa. On Dec. 14 from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m., the Woodlawn Recreation Center will have a Breakfast with Santa. Learn more here.
- The City Flea—Holiday Market. Visit the Holiday Market in Washington Park on Dec. 14 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m. You never know what treasures you’ll find!
- Island Christmas Holiday. The Merry Gentlemen will present Island Christmas Holiday at the Redmoor in Mt. Lookout on Dec. 19 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. This family-friendly event will have food, drinks, and plenty of entertainment.
Now that you have plenty of events to look forward to, let’s look at where you can grab a bite to eat while you’re out and about.
Restaurants to Get a Meal with Family and Friends
Whether you’re meeting up with a friend for lunch or choosing a restaurant to take visiting family out to a nice dinner, Cincinnati has you covered. These restaurants are all great options to get a meal:
- The Boathouse. Looking for a place with the best barbecue? The Boathouse is the place you’re looking for. The Boathouse is the Cincinnati sister restaurant to the famous Montgomery Inn. Choose from a menu full of smoked meats and delicious sides.
- Moerlein Lager House. This microbrewery makes a variety of great beer and serves delicious food like hand carved sandwiches and smoked meats. Any beer lover will feel right at home at Moerlein Lager House.
- The Capital Grille. A fine dining experience, The Capital Grille has delicious meals and many options to choose from. They also have an extensive cocktail and wine menu.
- Taft’s Brewing Company. Taft’s Ale House is the perfect spot for people who like to drink a beer and have a great meal. It’s the perfect place to share your appetizers and stories as you catch up over a glass of cold beer.
- Maplewood Kitchen and Bar. Going out for breakfast, lunch, or brunch is a delightful way to spend time with friends and family. Maplewood Kitchen and Bar has a great selection of favorite breakfast and lunch options, and some unique combinations that will intrigue adventurous eaters.
After you’ve had a delicious meal, you’re going to have the energy to tackle your holiday list.
Where Should You Get Your Holiday Shopping Done in Cincinnati?
You may have a few names on your holiday list that are stumping you. The shops in Cincinnati have interesting items to help you find something special for everyone on your list!
- Shoppe Smitten. With clothing, accessories, and other fun items that are made by artisans or are made to support a cause, you can find a perfect gift for someone and know you’re also helping others when you get something from Shoppe Smitten.
- Alley Boutique. This store has items for women’s fashion. There’s a good chance you’ll find something for more than one person on your list at Alley Boutique.
- Elm & Iron. Did someone you know just move? Or are they interested in eclectic décor? Check out Elm & Iron. This business has so many interesting pieces—you may find exactly what you’re looking for here!
- Astute Furnishings. Plenty of art and unique finds are in Astute Furnishings. Stop by and see all the items that would definitely make an impact this holiday season.
- Handzy Shop + Studio. This store has cute clothing, accessories, decorations, candles, and much more. You’ll be able to get a great gift at Handzy and maybe some stocking stuffers as well.
Checking off your holiday list always feels like a great accomplishment. There’s one thing left to do: get your tree!
Where Can You Find Fresh-Cut Christmas Trees Near the Queen City?
Getting a tree is the pinnacle of the holiday traditions for many people. If you’re wondering where to get the best tree for the season, check out these farms close to Cincinnati:
- Koch Christmas Trees. This farm is in Reily Township. Koch Christmas Trees has beautiful trees that you can cut down yourself or get a pre-cut tree. They also make wreaths by hand and have treats and hot chocolate for everyone.
- Big Tree Plantation. About 40 minutes away, Big Tree Plantation is a fantastic choice to get your tree. There’s such a wide variety of trees of all sizes and types. The farm also has various activities that the family can enjoy.
Now that you have your tree, you’re ready to decorate and put your gifts under the tree!
Happy Holidays from Bey & Associates, LLC
As the season starts to go into full swing, the team at Bey & Associates would like to wish you a happy holiday season and healthy new year. We’re looking forward to what 2020 will bring!