It only takes a second for a serious accident to happen. The resulting injuries and financial losses, however, can last for months or even longer. Those with catastrophic injuries may never recover fully. Our Fulton County, GA personal injury lawyers understand the challenges of dealing with an injury that wasn’t your fault. That’s why we’re ready to help you fight for the compensation you need to get your life back in order.
We represent clients in a wide array of personal injury cases. The claim process isn’t as straightforward as some people believe. Collecting evidence and building a claim is just the beginning of the personal injury process. Even if you have strong evidence, the insurance company may be unwilling to cooperate and negotiate. We’ll work to ensure you receive full and fair compensation for your economic and noneconomic losses.
Personal Injury Litigation Areas
Personal injury claims allow accident victims to get compensation in the event someone else’s negligent or intentional actions caused them harm. There are a number of situations that can lead to a personal injury case. We have experience with a number of litigations areas, which means we are well versed in the laws that pertain to each.
While the list below is not exhaustive, some of the most common personal injury cases we see include:
- Automobile Accidents. Auto wrecks may involve car, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, buses, or pedestrians. Careless drivers can be held financially responsible if they cause an accident and injure others in the process.
- Medical Malpractice. Instances of malpractice in the medical field arise when a doctor or other professional neglects to practice under the required standard of care. That standard refers to the care another physician would provide in similar circumstances. These cases are typically among the most complex in personal injury.
- Nursing Home Abuse. Those who live in nursing homes may be subject to harm from abusive staff members or if the nursing home isn’t able to provide your loved one with the care they need.
- Wrongful Death. If you’ve lost a loved one in an accident that resulted from negligence, you can file a wrongful death claim on their behalf. Doing so can lead to compensation for end-of-life expenses, remaining medical bills, and pain and suffering.
- Product Liability. When a manufacturer neglects their duty, consumers can get hurt. Companies need to be held accountable when they try to cut corners and release a dangerous product.
- Dog Bites. In many situations dog owners are financially responsible for bites and other injuries their dogs cause.
The Benefits of Working with Experienced Attorneys
Depending on your situation, you may be considering handling your personal injury case by yourself. If you’re looking to maximize your compensation and resolve your claim as quickly as possible, however, it’s best to work with a law firm. Some of the benefits of working with a lawyer include reduced stress, knowledge of state and insurance laws, the ability to negotiate, knowledge of what your claim is really worth, and a comprehensive understanding of the legal process.
When you’re recovering from injuries, you shouldn’t have to worry about paperwork, deadlines, and difficult conversations. We’ll handle those matters for you, so you can focus on feeling better. Reduced stress levels may even speed up your recovery.
We have comprehensive knowledge of the legal process, the laws that apply to your claim, and what your claim is worth. Every personal injury claim is different, so it’s important to understand what factors implicate which types of claims. We’re also aware of the laws that could impact your compensation, like at-fault laws and statutes of limitations. To determine what your claim is worth we’ll look at your medical bills, lost wages, and possible values for pain and suffering.
When it comes down to getting your compensation, we know how to negotiate with insurance companies. Adjusters rarely want to budge on their offers because it impacts the companies’ bottom lines. We have the resources to ensure you receive full and fair compensation.
Fulton County, GA: An Expanding Cosmopolitan Area
Founded in 1853, Fulton County became a transportation center as a result of its railroad system. As Atlanta was rebuilt after the American Civil War, Fulton County, GA became a center for railroad shipping, industry, and business.
Because of its location in north-central Georgia, the warm southern climate and foothills of the Appalachian mountains produce plentiful hardwood and pine forests. The northern part of the country features Sandy Springs, Alpharetta, Roswell, and Mountain Park. The southern part houses College Park, East Point, Fairburn, Hapeville, Palmetto, City of South Fulton, and Union City. The majority of Atlanta lies between those two sections.
One of the county’s most visited spots is the Chattahoochee River. While this is one of the smallest water sources in the area relative to the population size, it does provide drinking water for most of the county.
Visitors and residents alike can check out a number of attractions all throughout the year. Some of the most popular include the Ansley Park Playhouse, Atlanta Ballet, Centennial Park, Georgia Aquarium, Martin Luther King Center, World of Coke, and Zoo Atlanta.
Seek Justice for Your Injuries with Bey & Associates
If you or a loved one has been injured by another’s negligence, you need a Fulton County, GA personal injury lawyer. At Bey & Associates, we provide every client with the utmost respect and representation. To begin, we’ll start with a free consultation. At that meeting we’ll discuss the possibility of filing a personal injury claim and what your chances are of receiving the compensation you need based on the accident you were in and the related circumstances.
If you choose to pursue a claim, we’ll be with you every step of the way. When you work with us, you’ll have more time to focus on your recovery, while we handle the legal work. To learn more about our personal injury services get in touch with our office today.